75% OFF ALL NEW PLANS + 100-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Associating a MySQL user with a database
To associate a MySQL user with a database, you need to grant some privileges for that MySQL user to the database by following these steps:
Note: The MySQL 5 and MySQL 8 servers are separate and do not share databases or users, so you can grant privileges to MySQL 5 databases only to MySQL 5 users and privileges to MySQL 8 databases only to MySQL 8 users. If you have two users for MySQL 5 and MySQL 8 with the same name, and modify the privileges for one of these users, the privileges for the other user will not be changed.
- Log in to your hosting Control Panel.
- Enter the MySQL Databases section.
- Navigate to the Privileges tab.
- Select the MySQL version of your database from the MySQL version drop-down menu.
- Select your database from the Database name drop-down menu.
- Select the MySQL user from the MySQL user drop-down menu.
- From the Privileges list, select the privileges that you wish to grant the MySQL user to the database.
- Click on the Associate button.
By default, your master MySQL user has full privileges over your databases. Due to security concerns, we recommend that you create and use a separate MySQL user for each software application installed on your account.